Food Science Questions
These are some questions you can ask students to challenge the food science.
Why do cakes go brown?
- Why is sticky rice sticky?
- Why are chillies hot?
- Why are baked potatoes soft?
- How does a bread dough rise?
- Why do avocados turn brown?
- How does pasta become al dente?
- Why do dumplings float in a stew?
- What makes samosas crisp?
- How does food get hot?
- How does a fridge make food cold?
Find some of the Answers in Food Science You Can Eat book
Answers - Chillies contain a chemical called Capsaicin which gives Chillies their heat. It’s hidden in the white skin of the chilli.
The hotness of a chili pepper is measured by the Scoville Organoleptic Test.
Food Science You Can Eat reviews →
← Pupil Premium - use it to fund the Nutrition Program
Leave a Reply