The Food Preparation Assessment Tasks showcase technical cooking skills.
This resources works through the stages of NEA 2 with clear examples.
Sample on here.
Suitable for all boards - AQA, Eduqas, OCR
Focuses on using Fruit and Vegetables in Dishes
Sample pages found here
Worked examples to show how to
- Research the task
- Demonstrate technical skills
- Key technical skills
- Upskill these skills
- Food provenance
- Trial and analyse recipes
- Planning the final menu
- Planning time plan, dovetailing
- Food hygiene and safety checks
- Portion size
- Analyse and evaluate
Includes interactive worksheets to help with the assessment - 52 pages
- How to increase Key Technical skills for your dishes
- How do you upskill a dish
- How do you plan the time plan
- What is dovetailing?
- Sensory testing and star profiles
- Quick recipe costing
- What is a portion size?
Thanks to Jill Oliver for help on this Task.
This resource is aimed at students in the middle marking range.