The aim of Food Preparation Assessment Tasks - to showcase technical cooking skills. This is an updated version of previous edition - a few more pages and a new cover! Not written for 2018 Tasks - it focuses on fruit and veg.
Sample on here.
Suitable for all boards - AQA, Eduqas, OCR
Focuses on using Fruit and Vegetables in Dishes
Sample pages found here
Worked examples to show how to
- Research the task
- Demonstrate technical skills
- Key technical skills
- Upskill these skills
- Food provenance
- Trial and analyse recipes
- Planning the final menu
- Planning time plan, dovetailing
- Food hygiene and safety checks
- Portion size
- Analyse and evaluate
Includes interactive worksheets to help with the assessment - 52 pages
- How to increase Key Technical skills for your dishes
- How do you upskill a dish
- How do you plan the time plan
- What is dovetailing?
- Sensory testing and star profiles
- Quick recipe costing
- What is a portion size?
Thanks to Jill Oliver for help on this Task.
This resource is aimed at students in the middle marking range.