As a supplement to Food Investigations NEA1 this resource focuses on 3 Tasks
- Gluten in flour for breadmaking
- Gluten in flour for pasta making
- Egg foams and meringues
The Tasks have been trialled, tested and photographs included as evidence.
Suggestions are made on how to carry out the Tasks, equipment to use, how to write an Aim, Hypothesis, how to Investigate and Experiment.
Examples are given to show how to create a Star Profile and Evaluate and Annotate the results.
- Includes the chemistry of flour and gluten development
- Instructions on how to make and bake a gluten ball
- How to test a bread recipe and how to make different pastas
- How to make an egg white foam and test meringue recipes
- Analysing and Evaluating results and appraising the Hypothesis.
- Annotating and using charts.
- Writing conclusions and references.
Sample pages are shown here.