Download the PowerPoint to your email.
Supporting our very successful Food Investigations NEA 1 book and using the science from Food Science you Can Eat.
Series of slides of Step by Step guidance for NEA1.
46 slides highlight important features for Food Investigation Task for NEA 1 for AQA, OCR, Eduqas exam boards. Now includes extra slides of 3 Tasks - gluten in bread and pasta AQA, egg whites and meringues AQA
Top Tips for carrying out Investigations
- Step by step stages to carry out Tasks
Key science terms linked to Tasks
- Shows a range of Tasks
- Write a Hypothesis
1 for starch in sauces OCR, 1 for chemical raising agents OCR, 1 for AQA gluten
- Ideas for Hypotheses for Investigations
- Equipment needed for Investigations
- Experiments and interpreting results
- Ideas for Charts and Annotations
- 1 gluten ball and gluten washing - AQA Task
Sensory evaluation using Star profile - starch in sauces OCR
- Conclusions - Analyse and evaluate
3 Extra Tasks - Gluten with recipe for gluten ball, testing flours for pastas, Investigating egg white foams and ingredients to make meringues
- Useful websites for Investigations
Reviews from Food Science You Can Eat
A great resource needed for new spec. Great student friendly information, practical's and experiments.
Amazing resource to have in you classroom. Literally covers the entire syllabus. Makes explaining the 'science' of food fun and understandable for the pupils and teacher! Thanks Jenny!