A Powerpoint to show the Food Science for the 2016 Food Preparation and Nutrition GCSE.
The trick of getting to the basics is to strip the knowledge back to essential information.
Students can explore more on their own!
31 slides - Contents:
What do you need to know? Food Science Equipment, Key words for food science
- Caramel, Dextrin,
- Gelatinisation, Enzymic browning,
- Protein coagulation, Eggs and coagulation, Eggs and foams, Eggs and emulsions,
- Raising agents, Raising agents - chemical, Raising agents - yeast, Raising agents - choux buns,
- Pastry - shortening and plasticity,
- Acid denature, Yogurt,
- Cooking food,
- Do you know? - a few questions, Useful websites