Get the book here
Get the Posters here
A Powerpoint to show the Food Science for the 2016 Food Preparation and Nutrition GCSE.
The trick of getting to the basics is to strip the knowledge back to essential information.
Students can explore more on their own!
31 slides - Contents:
What do you need to know? Food Science Equipment, Key words for food science
- Caramel, Dextrin,
Gelatinisation, Enzymic browning, - OCR NEA 1 Task starches - 6 pages
- Protein coagulation, Eggs and coagulation, Eggs and foams - AQA NEA1, Eggs and emulsions, AQA NEA1
- Cooking cakes - example of leave out sugar EDUQAS NEA1
- Sugar in cooking - EDUQAS NEA1
- Gluten, - AQA NEA1
- Raising agents, Raising agents - chemical, OCR NEA 1 Task raising agents
- Raising agents - yeast, Raising agents - choux buns,
- Pastry - shortening and plasticity,
- Acid denature, Yogurt,
- Cooking food,
- Do you know? - a few questions, Useful websites