This resource has step by step help for NEA 2 using the Nutrition Program. Matches requirements of AQA, Eduqas and OCR.
Sample pages on here
It is a shorter version of Food Preparation Assessment Task 2 NEA 2
The resource focuses on ways to use the Nutrition Program to carry out -
Research to find dishes that fit the task - discover the nutritional analysis.
- Explain how the dishes meet nutritional needs - look at Traffic Lights, RI, and if they fit with a healthy meal.
- Look at sensory properties - use The Nutrition Program to draw up a Star Profile using our Tasting word bank.
- Carry out nutritional analysis of dishes - produce a food label using Nutrition Program
Analyse the nutrition - annotate the food label.
- Carry out sensory analysis and add tasters, then write evaluation - all done through Nutrition Program.
- Use sensory descriptors from the Nutrition Program
Cost the dish - the Nutrition Program has costs of ingredients
Conclude, annotate and think of improvements.
It looks at key words used for NEA 2 in research, nutritional analysis, sensory testing and evaluation.
If your school subscribes to the Nutrition Program email us for the code to get a free copy of this resource.